Barony Biggar Restaurant
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (DPA) up to and including 24 May 2018 and the EU General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 (GDPR) thereafter (the Data Protection Legislation), we are the data controller, the company who is responsible for, and controls the processing of, your personal data. All enquiries regarding the collection of your data should be addressed to:
The Data Controller, Barony Biggar Restaurant, 55, High Street, Biggar ML12 6DA
We do not share, sell or disclose to a third party, any information collected through our website or during the course of doing business.
Information we collect
We collect personal data on this website only if it is directly provided to us by you when you visit our website and share your e-mail address, name, address and telephone number provided by you with your consent when you contact us:
- by email
- by telephone
- visit the Barony Biggar website ‘barony-biggar.co.uk’
- complete a ‘contact us’ online enquiry form on the ‘barony-biggar.co.uk’ website
- Purchase a gift voucher on the ‘barony-biggar’ website
We collect the data you have given to us in order to reply with the information you need. We record your request and our reply in order to increase the efficiency of our business as when you send us a message by e-mail to which you would expect us to reply. We keep personal information associated with your message, such as your name and email address so we can track our communications with you to provide a high level of customer service.
We also use statistical tools that monitor details of your visits to our website and the resources that you access, including, but not limited to, traffic, location information and other communication data. This data will not identify you personally.
How we use your information
We may hold and process personal data that you provide to us in accordance with the DPA and GDPR. The information that we collect and store relating to you is primarily used to for us to provide our services, and to meet our contractual commitments to you. In addition, we may use the information for the following purposes:
– To notify you about any changes to our website, such as improvements or service/product changes, that may affect our service;
– If you are an existing customer, we may contact you with information about goods and services similar to those that were the subject of a previous sale to you;
Information we may disclose
We may disclose your information:
- to regulatory bodies to enable us to comply with the law and to assist fraud protection and minimise credit risk.
- to process a gift voucher purchase on our website or restaurant booking platform.
If you do not wish us to use your data for our use, you will have the opportunity to withhold your consent to this and can do so by writing to us at the address detailed in at the top of this page or by sending us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or in writing to the address above at any time.
How we control the use of your data
If you have given us consent to use your data for a particular purpose you can request ‘your right to be forgotten at any time’. You can write to us at the address detailed in at the top of this page or email us at email@example.com
Where we store your data
We will not sell your information or share it with third parties for marketing purposes.
We are committed to protecting your personal details and information when you register with us. Unless otherwise stated by yourself, you give us permission to share your details with carefully chosen third parties, and companies who are involved in:
- services offered to you through our website, the personal data that you provide to us may be transferred to and stored with our third party hosting company with servers located within the European Economic Area (“EEA”).
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our website
- on third party portals we may use to process your purchase such as a gift voucher or restaurant booking platform
You have the right to opt out of our processing your personal data for marketing purposes by contacting us firstname.lastname@example.org or in writing to the address above at any time.
Security of your personal data
We will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information in compliance with current DPA & GDPR regulations.
We will store all the personal information you provide on secure (password- and firewall- protected) servers. We will establish that all data processors are compliant with DPA & GDPR Regulations. Our website has a security certificate so your data is protected. Having an SSL certificate shows we have a trustworthy online presence.
Of course, data transmission over the internet is inherently insecure, and we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet.
Third party links
You might find links to third party websites on our website such as social media links Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Google +. These websites have their own privacy policies. We have no control over their policies and we do not accept any responsibility or liability for their policies whatsoever.
Biggar ML12 6DA or email@example.com
Last Update July 2018